Moorea Seal Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager - Hiring July/August 2017
Type: Full Time
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact: Crystal Dome, Store Manager, Crystal@mooreaseal.com
We are seeking an Assistant Store Manager to perform essential management tasks when the Store Manager is not present, execute storefront merchandising and displays as guided by the Store Manager, and coordinate special events, craft fairs, and workshops. Our ideal candidate will have strong leadership and interpersonal skills along with an intuitive sense for fashion and merchandising. The Assistant Store Manager will work regular sales shifts and also have office hours to provide support for the sales team as needed, complete storefront operational tasks, and plan events. As a small and growing business, we ask that all of our team members be flexible and willing to perform duties outside their standard job scope.
- Assist the Store Manager with training procedures and storefront operations and policies.
- Perform essential management tasks when the Store Manager is not present, such as cash counts and deposits, alarm and security updates, etc.
- Assist Store Manager with finding or providing coverage for staff shortages (sick days or emergencies).
- Plan and execute special events, craft fairs, and workshops. Including, but not limited to, present potential events to the Store Manager, project budget and staffing needs, review and submit reporting on event profitability to the Store Manager.
- Work with the Store Manager to assess product performance in store.
- Enforce theft protection protocols.
- Delegate tasks to support staff members as needed.
- Light cleaning responsibilities.
- Reach and exceed performance goals.
- Maintain merchandising and display standards in the store, including, but not limited to, following provided Moorea Seal style guides, ensuring the storefront is properly stocked at all times, execute seasonal display changes.
- Create a welcoming and inclusive environment in the Moorea Seal storefront.
- Act as a role model for sales team, providing excellent client service in person, via phone and email.
- Handle customer complaints and feedback.
- High school diploma
- 2+ years retail or equivalent experience
- Leadership experience
- Sales experience
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays